Custom Power offers the most complete selection of standard off-the-shelf cells and batteries. We carry a large inventory of everything from alkaline to lithium primary cells to sealed lead acid batteries. Strict FIFO (first-in, first out) stock rotation systems ensure that the batteries we ship are as fresh as possible.
Chemistries for Custom Battery Pack AssembliesCustom Power is an industry-leading custom battery pack manufacturer that has the experience and the expertise to design and assemble your custom battery pack with any cell type your application requires.
- Lithium Ion/Lithium Polymer: This advanced chemistry provides increased performance over nickel- and lead-based chemistries. Lithium-ion (Li-ion) and lithium polymer batteries can provide up to 200% of the energy density of NiCd (nickel cadmium), with low self-discharge rates and high discharge current capabilities.
- Lithium Iron Phosphate: These batteries use a lithium-ion-derived chemistry that exhibits superior thermal and chemical stability for improved safety characteristics. Lithium iron phosphate (LFP) batteries offer higher discharge rate capabilities, longer cycle lives, and a slower rate of capacity loss than most lithium-ion chemistries.
- Lithium Primary: Lithium primary cells and battery pack assemblies provide the highest specific energy (energy per unit weight) and energy density (energy per unit volume) of any battery type. Lithium primary cells are available multiple chemistries, and are most often used for low-drain applications; special high-rate discharge lithium primary cells are also available.
- Nickel Cadmium: This well-established battery chemistry can be capable of thousands of charge/discharge cycles, and can sustain heavy loads. Nickel-cadmium (NiCd) battery packs can accept a charge faster than many other chemistries and are produced in a wide variety of cell configurations. This is also one of the most economical battery chemistries in use today.
- Nickel Metal Hydride: Nickel-metal hydride (NiMH) battery packs can provide up to 40% more energy capacity than NiCd batteries of the same size and, are easy to recycle. In general, NiMH is one of the least expensive battery chemistries available and is an ideal choice for portable and handheld electronic devices.