Technological advancements have produced battery-powered devices and instruments that span the entire medical scope, from surgical drills to critical equipment. The increasing demands and evolution of medical devices have resulted in the need for reliable and efficient power solutions. Choosing the right battery pack developer is crucial to delivering high-quality performance in your medical power supplies.
Factors When Choosing a Medical Manufacturing Partner
As an OEM, you must ensure your battery pack developer can fully design and manufacture battery solutions that suit your exact needs. Here are a few factors you should look for in a medical manufacturing partner:
Certifications can differentiate one medical manufacturer from another. They reflect the developer’s commitment to excelling in producing high-performing medical equipment solutions and other aspects of their business. It is essential to choose a partner with quality certifications that reflect their level of expertise.
Medical Device Product Experience
The manufacturer’s experience with medical device batteries is a significant factor. Manufacturers with more experience in the field will have worked on various products over the years, including the power supplies you may need. Using their extensive experience, they can design and manufacture a product meeting your specific requirements. Additionally, they can help you solve issues that other manufacturers may fall short on.
Engineers and manufacturers must adhere to specific precautions and safety practices when designing a medical battery. These measures usually involve building safety features into the battery packs, such as a Battery Management System (BMS), which monitors and protects the battery. When choosing a partner, you must enquire about the safety of the products they design and ensure they meet regulatory requirements.
Expectations and Collaboration
The process of working with a medical manufacturing partner can start from the developmental stage and continue up to the fabrication of your power solutions. You will work closely through each step of the process to ensure you produce the best results. Here are some of the key aspects of having an excellent collaboration:
- Building trust: A partnership built on trust sets a solid foundation for a smooth and efficient production process. Building trust involves putting a significant value on each party’s time and consistently meeting expectations and targets.
- Good communication: Effective communication among everyone involved in the project will help prevent unnecessary issues and ensure specific production processes are followed accordingly.
- Industry knowledge: Working with a medical manufacturing partner with industry knowledge is essential for designing innovative products and tackling significant issues.
Medical Device Engineering Requirements
Battery-powered medical devices have revolutionized the use of equipment in the industry and offer an exceptional level of convenience. When creating these essential components of the medical field, manufacturers must adhere to various engineering requirements to ensure the safety, performance and transportation of medical device battery solutions.
For instance, when engineers develop lithium batteries for medical applications, they must comply with standards set by IEC 60086-4 to ensure the batteries’ electrical, mechanical and chemical safety. Transporting such batteries can also pose some challenges since they have a high energy density and flammable electrolytes. To combat this issue, extensive testing must be conducted to ensure the safe transportation of medical device batteries.
Benefits of Working With Custom Power for Medical Power Solutions
At Custom Power, we design and manufacture custom battery packs and energy solutions for various applications in the medical industry. Our in-house capabilities enable us to handle every aspect of developing effective products that meet your expectations. When you partner with Custom Power, you can benefit from the following:
- Expertise: We have a deep understanding of the different aspects involved in developing unique medical device battery solutions. As a result, we offer multi discipline expertise to produce high-performing batteries suiting their appropriate applications.
- Certification: We hold the ISO 9001:2015 certification, which acknowledges our ability to provide products and services that meet customer and regulatory requirements.
- Testing: We test all custom battery packs using the load current and temperature conditions that resemble the end device usage profile. Our testing begins as early as the development stage and continues throughout the process to ensure your product meets your needs.
Choose Custom Power for Medical Equipment Solutions
At Custom Power, we have over 200 years of combined experience within our team of skilled engineers, technicians and sales staff. When developing custom battery packs, we handle every stage in-house, including designing, engineering, fabrication and testing. Our team works closely with you to produce a power solution that meets regulatory requirements and your specific needs. To get started, contact us online or request a custom battery quote today.